Tuesday 11 June 2013

'EastEnders' Peter Beale actor Ben Hardy: 'Kissing scenes are a doddle'

EastEnders star Ben Hardy has revealed that he won't be fazed by his character's kissing scenes.

Hardy, who plays the newly cast Peter Beale, isn't worried about taking his top off on the soap either.

Ben Hardy as Peter Beale in EastEnders
Ben Hardy as Peter Beale


Hardy told The Sun: "This is my first telly role but I've done countless kissing scenes in the past.

"The last play I did, I was naked, simulating sex! So for me a kissing scene on EastEnders will be a doddle.

"I've got my first topless scene coming up. I won't be stepping out the shower yet, it's more taking my T-shirt off to help a young lady. That's all I can say."

Hardy also admitted that he has already had his first on-screen fight with David Witts, who plays Joey Branning.

Hardy said: "We went for it. You don't want to go too far, but if you don't go far enough it's rubbish."

Peter and Lauren have a dinner date
Peter and Lauren in EastEnders

Next week's episodes will see Peter take troubled Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Jossa) on a date. The pair previously had a relationship when they were much younger but Peter is unaware of Lauren's alcohol troubles.

"It's going to be very different for Peter when he meets Lauren again - he's never seen her as an alcoholic.

"Tanya tries to get Lauren and Peter back together, she thinks he'll be a good influence because he's a good boy. But the alcohol causes problems. It goes pear-shaped very quickly due to drinking."