Thursday 6 June 2013

Wretch 32: 'I want to reunite Kat and Alfie on EastEnders'

Wretch 32 has revealed that he wants a role on EastEnders.

The 'Blackout' singer told Bang Showbiz that he would love to reunite Kat (Jessie Wallace) and Alfie (Shane Richie).

Wretch 32
Wretch 32

"I'm still waiting for EastEnders to holler," he quipped. "I don't know what's going on. I don't know how many tweets I have to tweet, how many episodes I have to watch.

''I could do a gig in the Queen Vic, try to get Kat and Alfie back together. Get her head straight, whatever. Maybe something in the cafe? Get a sandwich. There's loads of things I could do on there.''

He added: "I hear my songs in there, which is good, and to be honest, I get a little bit excited when I hear that. I could at least play myself and they could come and high five me and I could go and get a drink in the Queen Vic or something.''

Jessie Wallace and Shane Richie between takes.
Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace as Kat and Alfie

Richie recently said of Alfie's relationship with Kat: "I found out a little bit of what might be happening over the next few months. We're in for a big ride between now and Christmas.

"Of course we'd love another ten years of Kat and Alfie, there are genuinely exciting times ahead. I do miss working with Jessie."

He continued: "I always think the best stories are the slow burners that take time."